Thursday, October 23, 2008

We're the Sassy Sirens

I had heard of the ladies of the Red Hat Society, however, until the summer of 2003 while on vacation in Florida, I had never seen one! LOL! While dining one night with my hubby at a local restaurant, a group of 5 or 6 ladies came in and they were all wearing red hats and gloves and boas and I wanted to sit with them! I didn't have the nerve to even talk to them.
It wasn’t until the Spring of 2004 that I was talking to Joyce at a family gathering and she told me about the chapter in Alabama that she, her mother and her sister are all members of. In fact, she is their ‘Queen of Shoe-ba’! She was also a member of a chapter in Starkville, the Sassy Sirens. It just so happened there was a Spring Fling being held in April (how convenient) and she invited me to go. Later I mentioned it to my husband and I told him I really didn’t think I would go. I was nervous just thinking about being in a room full of ladies I had never met!
My husband literally made me go shopping for ‘the proper attire’. I had never worn a hat in public in my life (unless we count my floppy brown "hippy hat" in the 70's). I had never worn purple and where did one go to find a red hat? Wally World of course! It is still my favorite hat. I called my daughter and begged her to go with me. She agreed and she looked so beautiful in her pink hat and lavender blouse!
The Sassy Sirens graciously agreed to let me join their sassy little group and the rest is history or should I say “my future”. I will be forever grateful to my sweet hubby for encouraging me step outside my safe little box into this red and purple haven of wild fun and frivolity. So, having said all that, let’s start blogging!

No comments:

Followers